Sunday, September 4, 2011

Einers Nevada Days

As you may know Einer Christensen helped build the southern end of the railroad going from Salt Lake to Los Angelos. He was involved in working in the Las Vegas area around what is now North Las Vegas. He started out as a regular worker but once they knew he could drive a team he was then responsible to haul supplies with a team of horses from the supply line to where the crews were working. Being out in the desert in Las Vegas I am sure it was very very hot and not a pleasant work environment especially back in 1904-1905 when he was working in this area. He later went back to Spanish Fork and married Rebecca his wife in 1910 and had land for a farm which he probably gained from his work on the rail road. This is pretty good for a boy who was orphaned at age 12 or 13 and farmed out to other families.
Borrowed from the History written by his Daughter in Law Thelma Christensen. Other documentation of the building of the Salt Lake to Los Angelos Railroad can be found online.

I am going to continue to add stories and pictures to my blog. If anyone wants to comment please feel free.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Alan. I would love to be able to pull up our family history whenever I want to. I look forward to hearing more stories. If you need any help with the layout of the blog I'm here to help. Christy and I have been doing a blog for a couple of years now so we're getting the hang of things. It looks like you're doing a pretty good job so far thought

    ReplyDelete